Chapters 1-2 Out Now!
Kura5 is a non-canonical fan game for the Boktai series and it's successor, Lunar Knights. It's neither a full remake nor a sequel, but a remix of both familiar Boktai staples and new elements that seek to recreate the magic that we all loved from the series. Kura5's weather system knows where you are in the real world, so there's no need for a solar sensor. In-game events may even play out differently depending on if you play in darkness or in light...And that's just the start!
This game is still currently in development but it is being updated. Feedback and bug reports are always appreciated!
- Play as two halves of an unexpected duo: Annie, the Solar Gunslinger, and Emil, the Vampire Swordsman!
- Utilize their abilities in tandem to overcome a common enemy.
- Weather Sync reflects the time of day and weather in the game with that of the real world!
- The world and play changes based off of weather!
- Play during the daytime and use the Pile Driver to purify the remains of Immortals with sunlight...
- Or play at night and utilize vampire magic to eliminate your foe.
- You can turn Weather Sync off and enjoy the game without need for an internet connection.
- An original soundtrack containing tracks both familiar and new!
Windows PC Requirements
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher
- DirectX 9 or higher GPU
- 2.0 GHz Dual Core Pentium, i3, or higher processor
- ~550 MB available hard drive space
- 2 GB RAM
- A functioning sun
- Moon (optional)
Note that these are rough estimates. If you're not sure if your computer can run the game, try playing it on the "Fastest" setting on startup.
If you like this game, please follow us!
Dev Blog: kura5.tumblr.com
Discord: Kura5 Discord
Simply download the .zip file, extract it, then double click the Kura5Demo.exe icon to start the game. Please glance at the README before playing.
For WeatherSync to work, please make sure that you are not connected to a VPN or proxy.
Already played the previous version? You can continue from your previous session by copy pasting the save.bok file into your data folder.
The story/gameplay will change depending on the weather/time of day so make sure to time your playthroughs.